- 21 tips for survival mode by Jennifer Fulwiler at Conversion Diary
Parents of young children, you’ll love this one. Which is your favorite?
- Phony Marriage or Holy Matrimony? by Fr. Dwight Longenecker at Standing on my Head
I would also advocate a change in terminology. From now on I will refer to a Catholic marriage as “Holy Matrimony”. If “marriage” can be between two men or two women or multiple people or whatever other definitions people wish to put on it, then that term is no good to us. Terminology matters and I suggest that those who wish to maintain the truth of marriage now use the term “Holy Matrimony”. It may be somewhat cumbersome at first, but we will know where we stand.
- Zimmerman Not Guilty by The American Catholic
(My thoughts exactly, Mr. McClarey.) Comments are good too.
- By What Authority? by Paul McCusker at Roman Catholic Spiritual Direction
Thereafter, I thought that, since the question was important to me, I ought to put it to my Protestant friends because it ought to be important to them. I was naïve. The question was often unwelcome, but stirred up some remarkable reactions.
One involved a wide-eyed have-you-lost-your-mind kind of response. Not because I had lost my mind, but because the question itself seemed crazy. The answer, it’s assumed, was clearly established long-ago by someone, somewhere – though they don’t know when or by whom or where exactly. Maybe by Luther or Billy Graham. But certainly not by the corrupt gang who messed everything up before them.
Not only was the question crazy, it was superfluous. It’s like asking whether or not the American Revolution was a legitimate action or speculating what might have happened had the South won the Civil War. Things are what they are, there’s no point in revisiting a question that’s been answered somewhere somehow. Don’t mess with the “givens.”
- How to Live with an Introvert by Jenny Frankfurt – a very informative cartoon! I’m a major introvert and I give these recommendations my full endorsement.